"Natural heat in Montafon"
On 23 October 2009 a new biomass heating plant was opened in Schruns. The beautiful Montafon valley (the Alpine valley is 39 km long and is situated in Vorarlberg) is placing a focus on nature. The new biomass heating plant will supply the surrounding region with heat, in order to reduce the enormous quantities of heating oil and other fossil fuels used for heating.
Now some of you may be thinking, what does this have to do with STRAIL?
In order for the required amounts of wood to be delivered in an environmentally friendly way the „Montafonerbahn AG“ (mbs), a private railway, built a loading track right in front of the heating plant. Here the wood can be unloaded from the freight car for further processing on site.
This is where innoSTRAIL comes into play, since the responsible mbs project managers had established clear requirements for the loading track.
- Full-surface covering of the loading track over a length of 155 m.
- Eliminate soiling of the track system and/or enable easy cleaning.
- Create additional driving and turning areas.
- Improved protection of employees by preventing tripping hazards (rails).
- Quick & easy (therefore cost-effective) maintenance of the track superstructure (without removing pavement).
- Cost-effective implementation.
This, too, was a successful project for us: we were able to convince the mbs project managers of innoSTRAIL‘s excellent price/performance ratio. After preparatory work was carried out superbly by Romberg Gleisbau GmbH, 155 m were covered with innoSTRAIL back in September of 2009.
Even for us, the STRAIL team, it was a pleasure to be able to contribute to this important climate protection project.
Here, once again, many thanks to mbs for the trust they placed in us.