Quality and Environment
Quality for economic efficiency and environment
We at STRAIL level crossings, STRAILastic track damping systems and STRAILway plastic sleepers place special emphasis on:
- Quality: Our products are durable and reliable and withstand all kinds of stress and climatic conditions. Additionally, they can be fully recycled at the end of their service lives.
- Quickness: We react quickly to the demands of our customers and are able to install and remove our systems in a time-efficient way without lengthy traffic interruptions and preferably with only little or no use of machinery.
- Safety: We care for a safe status for all aspects of railway and road traffic. From trains and lorries/cars to cyclists and pedestrians: our safety standards even outdo the strict national regulations regarding accident prevention.
- Efficiency: Our systems are maintenance-free and durable. Additionally, they can be removed and reinstalled easily and quickly for track maintenance work.
- Environmental sustainability: We primarily use recycled materials which can be recycled again at the end of their service lives and which do not release environmentally harmful substances during use.
- Noise reduction: Our level crossings and tram track beddings are made of noise absorbing materials and therefore reduce traffic noise considerably.
From the raw material to the finished product, STRAIL, STRAILastic and STRAILWAY systems are examined, tested and checked in every stage of production. We make sure that our suppliers also comply with all our standards in their process and product management.
Additionally, STRAIL products are tested by LGA Nuremberg (Bavarian Trade Institute) on a regular basis and data about long-term experience is collected in cooperation with the Federal Highway Research Institute (BASt). STRAILastic and STRAILWAY products are tested very thoroughly by external institutes.
STRAIL, STRAILastic and STRAILWAY are certified according to standard ISO EN 9001 and are Q1 suppliers for Deutsche Bahn AG (German Railways).
Even years after installation, the single components can be traced back. All current status reports of level crossings and track damping systems are available in data bases at all times. That helps to assess problems early on and to find quick and efficient solutions and therefore to avoid unpleasant surprises.